Thursday, September 17, 2009

One would think...

(posted by Dave)

So - my cell phone had been dead for the whole weekend. The battery died, and even though I recharged it overnight, no matter what I did, the thing would not turn on. Just a lonely tiny little blinking battery icon in the middle of a blank black screen. So I finally get around to taking it into the cell phone shop around the corner, pantomime my distress to the sullen 19 year old behind the counter, and he has it fixed in less than two seconds. Turns out that to turn on cell phones in China, one has to press the RED (off / hang up) button, not the green (answer / turn on) one. Who knew? (Besides every single person in China, that is...)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Dave, but that's how mine works. Probably made in China...

    ReplyDelete