Monday, August 1, 2011

Two Years Ago - Domesticity

Travel the world over, and no matter if it's a grass hut or Buckingham Palace, one of the first things you're likely to hear from your hosts is "oh my gosh, sorry about the mess!". I suspect that this is because, deep down inside, most of us (Buddhist monks excluded) have an awkward relationship with our Stuff, and how the state and amount of said Stuff compares will other people's Stuff.

Or maybe the place is a bit cluttered because, oh, it's Saturday morning, you're planning to travel back to the States on Monday, and you are procrastinating all the packing and planning you need to do by just a bit and taking pictures of your apartment for some silly "then and now" project that you're blogging about. (Yes, that would be me I'm talking about...)

In any case, since I've had many friends ask us what our apartment in China is like, I present you, in all of its eternally transitional glory... our apartment! (And if you ask me, I think the 2011 version looks better. Don't you?)

2009:
Living room / dining room 2009

2011:
Living room/ dining room, 2011

Kitchen, 2009. Kitchen, 2011

Living room, 2009 Living room, 2011

Bedroom, 2009. Bedroom, 2011

Bedroom, 2009 Bedroom, 2011

Sink, 2009 Sink, 2011

X's desk, 2009 X's desk, 2011

back hallway, 2009 Back hallway, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment