Thursday, August 27, 2009

And now, a few things that I know how to say in Chinese...

(originally written during week two of our language training)

Can I please introduce myself? I am the professor at the Language Institute. Am I Canadian? No, I am not from Canada. I am from the United States. What subject do I teach? I do not teach Chinese Literature. I teach English. I teach in the Foreign Language Department. Ah, we are both studying in the Foreign Language Department! I have a business card. My brother has a business card. I have 200 business cards! Do I like to swim? Do I like to play ping pong? Yes, maybe a little. No, I cannot go to the Beijing Opera today. I am afraid I am very busy. Please, you may sit down now - I must go. Goodbye. Goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Love this post! But what I really need to know is, how can I get your business card? ;)
    love to you all and pinch the baby for us!
    xoxo,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane - Glad to see things are goign well. If you can, can your set it up so your posts are ina adifferent color than Dave's? Or if you start with your name at least - I get confused as to which of you is blogging!

    ReplyDelete