Monday, November 2, 2009

Chengdu again


Electronics Market, Chengdu, originally uploaded by zawelski.

(posted by Dave)

Halloween has just finished, and Thanksgiving is already next week! Well, an early Thanksgiving, anyway. Most of the MPC teachers are meeting in Chengdu for a weekend get together, so we'll probably be off the air for a bit. (I know, I know - we still haven't told you about our amazing Halloween party...)

In the meantime, I've been catching up, bit by bit, with NPR's Chengdu diary blog. I'm an utter NPR news junkie (surprise, surprise), and I remember hearing their coverage from China before the Olympics that sadly turned into very immediate coverage of the 2008 earthquake. Little did I know then that I'd be leaving near Chengdu myself, and seeing some of the sites that they've written about in person. (They even did a feature on the organic farmer that we are now buying our veggies from...!)

Here's the link to the blog - happy browsing!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/chengdu/

No comments:

Post a Comment