Monday, December 28, 2009

What was up on campus, late December

IMG_0049

Every college campus has tons of posters advertising student events, and Xihua University is no exception. Here, they take the form of big hand painted posters on large metal stands outside the main classroom buildings. Oh, and no surprise, I have very little idea of what most of them say. On my way back from canceling my Thursday classes on Christmas Eve, I stopped and snapped some photos of a few, which I just made into this set on Flickr. I'm a big fan of folk art in all forms, and I think these qualify. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I spent a lot of time in Scandinavia this year not knowing what things said and it scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, things are much more obvious here. This one, for example, says "Please give blood to help feed our carnivorous flowers".

    ReplyDelete