Monday, January 18, 2010

Hi, audience!

IMG_0259
(picture: Ysa doing some intensive research of her own...)

Okay, when I read a blog and I come across a post describing how many people are reading that blog, my eyes glaze over and I usually skip it and go on to something more important. So, if you are one of those people, you can skip this post as well. For the rest of you, I put in a tracking program just after Christmas, so I Now Know Who you Are. And can see you on an interactive map... heheheh....

Well, I can see the location of your Internet Service Provider, anyway, which gives me some clues. It's fun seeing a new dot on the map and guessing who it is. Some (Pueblo, Colorado; Lansing Michigan) are easy (Hi Mom(s)!). Others are more challenging. New Castle, Delaware? Kelowna, British Columbia? Dniepropetrovsk, Ukraine? Now that we can get to this blog freely, we can read our comments again. Leave a note - we'd love to hear from you!

Anyway, having a connection to Haiti, however slim, and reading blog posts from there, and then going back and reading my posts to this blog has been a humbling experience. Many many thoughts have been going through my head about fortune, misfortune, and the privilege that all of us who are able to turn on a computer and read a blog all share. I haven't come up with any answers, but I am increasingly aware of how connected we all are. In the long run, I suspect that it's not the answers, but the questions that we ask, that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment