Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not much else to say...

As with many of you, I'm sure, Haiti has been on our minds a lot in the past couple of days. Not much that I can say that hasn't been said already, but I would like to share a few links that I think speak for themselves without much comment on my part.

First, I am trying not to spend too much time being angrily obsessed with this guy. More to the point, I'm trying not to be too saddened and embarrased that he's developed enough of an audience to get media play in the States. Hey, aren't we supposed to be better than that?

Second, Haiti's real deal with the devil.

Third, the real story. Or one of several million real stories, anyway. I haven't met Kim and Patrick, the authors of this blog, but just found their blog through links from Joel and Rachel's blog here.

Fourth, we've heard good things about this organization, for starters. MCC (our organization, for those who don't know) is also planning a sustained reconstruction effort, for when the cameras move on, but the root causes of the suffering remain. If you're considering donating, but don't know where to go, these are two good places to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment