Friday, February 26, 2010

My favorite things...



I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm scheduled to teach something called "Audio-Visual English" to freshman English majors in the upcoming semester. What is AV English? Good question. As best as I can figure out, the course usually consists of a Chinese professor going over language learning DVDs with the class. Which means that I can do most anything that I want to! Hooray! I'm calling the class "Media and Culture". Or "American Culture in the Media" Or how about "Things about America that Dave Likes or finds Interesting In No Particular Order"?

This is where you come in. I'm looking for material. What is your Absolute Favorite Thing on the Internet? Bonus for stuff that's easy to understand, is particularly revealing about American culture, or applies particularly to language learning. You can email me links, but it's easier to leave stuff in the comments - that way we all get to enjoy it. Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

  1. Belated entry - my absolute favorite thing on the internet, at least today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

    ReplyDelete