Monday, March 8, 2010

Leaving it to the experts

IMG_1883

I just noticed in my occasional early morning blog check that Eating Asia has a write-up on one of the best activities in Chengdu: afternoons at a tea house. (Did I mention that food and drink are prominent features of our stay in China?) Eating Asia is written by a Freelance Food Writer and her Professional Food Photographer husband who spend half of their life roaming around Asia eating anywhere they darn well want to (me, jealous? naah...), so, um, I'll just step out of the way and let THEM tell you about tea houses in Chengdu. Go ahead. I'll wait.


Okay, are you back now? Right before we finished our winter break, we went to the Wenshu temple area not once, but TWICE! It's like we're famous or something... Just a few notes - 1) Didn't find that bakery that they mentioned, but we now have a mission for next time. 2) For all you vegetarians out there, Wenshu has not one, but two great vegetarian restaurants - one in the temple and one nearby. A few more photos of the action:

IMG_1880

X, Z, and partners in crime, Wenshu monastary teahouse, Chengdu

No comments:

Post a Comment