Monday, July 26, 2010

...and we're back!

The last bus ride of the trip

A six hour, soggy, butt-numbing, but otherwise uneventful bus ride from Changping near the Bamboo sea region of China back to Chengdu was the last stage of our almost month-long travel odyssey through Shanghai, Sichuan, and Yunnan. We got back to our campus at about 10:15 last night via a trusty illegal taxi minivan from the bus station, and we're looking forward to a week of doing laundry, unpacking, relaxing, and generally catching up with life.

We had a great trip, and I'm counting my blessings for all of the great people who we met and who helped us along the way. First and foremost are my in-laws Liz and Terry, who are now safely back home in Colorado. I don't know how many people can write "travel through China for almost a month with your in-laws and three kids under seven" and "fun" in the same sentence, but I'm lucky to be one of them.

I'm downloading the camera as I write this, and the computer is telling me that we've taken 1660 photos, so there will be plenty more to post about. Don't expect too much in the way of chronological order or day-by-day accounts (how fun is that?), but I expect I'll be able to come up with an interesting story or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment