Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scary stuff in my home town...


This photo, a randomly posted link off on the side of some web site or other, really caught my attention, even given all of the disasters and upheavals that have been going down in most of the world. I was even more surprised to see that it was taken in my home town of Chicago, and is apparently part of the filming of the new Transformers 3 movie.

So let me get this straight: basically, there are hundreds if not thousands of people that got together and spent untold millions of dollars to create the appearance of a disaster of epic proportions in an otherwise peaceful and prosperous city, in order to film it and show the results to millions more people worldwide, most of whom, I'm guessing, are boys between the ages of seven to sixteen. Dang, even when people are making stuff up, you can't make this kind of stuff up...

No comments:

Post a Comment