Monday, May 31, 2010

And now a few notes from Bobby McFerrin

Talking with my media class about how perception is mostly attention led me to this video by Bobby McFerrin:



I'm now downloading some more videos for my class tomorrow, and it occurred to me that my students might need an additional dose. Of course, he's the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" guy, and that video is quite fun to watch. (and isn't that Bill Murray clowning around in there?)

But if your expose to him is limited to that one video, you're missing out. I was lucky enough to see him live a couple of times, and these give some idea of what it's like to see him in person.





I think he was the first performer to use the audience as a musical instrument...



Anyway, Ysa and I had a fun half hour watching Bobby before lunch, and I'd probably still be watching more videos by him if I didn't actually have to get back to prepping for that class I was telling you about...

No comments:

Post a Comment