Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Biking around town

Construction, Pixian County, Sichuan

It's spring, and I've been getting out and about on my bike a bit more. I'm noticing that we are in a Construction Everywhere Zone. It doesn't make for many tranquil rides through the forest preserve, but it is interesting, in its own way. Maybe more, I don't know - postapocalyptic? - than one would expect. (But safer than my daily bike commute through the West Side of Chicago back in the States. "It Is What It Is", as my boss from the school I last worked at was fond of saying.)

Construction, Pixian County, Sichuan

IMG_3347

I'll be posting more shots to Flickr in dribs and drabs over the next couple of days. You can check out the full set, if you want to see the changing face of China in more detail. Or if you or your six-year old just really like pictures of cranes and bulldozers and stuff.

IMG_3342

Construction, Pixian County, Sichuan

Oh, and the new high speed train is working! Worthy of a post in and of itself - stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment