Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photo of the day?

Nanwu Temple, Kanding

In keeping with my tradition on this blog of starting traditions that are usually not followed up on, I'm going to try posting one photo each day, with or without comments, depending on how I feel at the time. These may be photos that I haven't featured that I like, curious random bits of things, or just simple proof that yep, we still exist.

First up: At one temple that we went to in Kanding, we stumbled on a prayer ceremony in the temple courtyard, complete with drums, cymbals, gongs, chanting, and a couple of very long and loud trumpet-type things that were blown on occasion. There was also a fire that the priests were throwing offerings on from time to time, and many onlookers. I didn't feel like it was appropriate to photograph the ceremony, but I did get a picture of a couple of monks as they lugged the ceremonial furniture back to their monastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment