Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Look Around You



Okay, so it was the middle of the semester, and I was showing my students all sorts of videos about perception, observation, metacognition, and generally taking a second look at the world so that you don't end up sleepwalking through it for the rest of your life. Then I thought, Wow! Look Around You! A perfect way to wrap up the lecture! Except that, of course, it wasn't - a few students got the joke of the video, but most ended up just scratching their heads and wondering what exactly it was that they saw just then. Hey, some bewilderment is good, right? It's what college is supposed to be all about...

Anyway, I cut the video out of my lesson plan for the next four classes and put it on my list of "Stuff To Put On The Blog When I Have No Ideas About What To Write About And Should Really Be Finishing Up My Finals Grading Instead". Which is why you're seeing it now. If you like it, there are many more where that came from. Otherwise, here's a picture of a scene from the video they play on public buses giving you tips on how to avoid H1N1. A win-win situation, don't you think?

IMG_3623

No comments:

Post a Comment