Sunday, June 20, 2010

The three videos my media students watched for the 'listening comprehension' portion of their final exam

To which I might add the following: 1) Getting a VPN so we could view YouTube unlocked was totally worth it this semester, and 2) Dang, I love my job!







Testing with Ernie (and Cookie Monster)

Pictured: One of the five classrooms full of students (about 260 altogether - thank goodness for proctors, multiple choice, and computer-scanned answer sheets) taking the test this afternoon, trying to figure out what Ernie and Cookie Monster are up to.

3 comments:

  1. Funny clips...but I hope there's also a value to the students in learning to comprehend Cookie Monster and Monty Python accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, having the students not give up on trying to understand something that's not a crisply spoken language tape dialogue about some aspect of university life has been one of my biggest challenges....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I can't even understand the Moo and Oink video.

    ReplyDelete