Sunday, February 3, 2013

The more things change, the more they stay the same

What would this blog be without a photo or two of a construction site every now and then? Well, dear readers, I'm happy not to disappoint.

Liulicheng, Chengdu

In yesterday's post, you may have noticed this shot of the vacant lot just across the street from our apartment compound. That was in September. By November, construction had risen above the foundation by a story or two, and this is what it looked like in mid-January:

Liulichang, Chengdu

Makes me wish on one had that my apartment faced the site so that I could take a time-lapse photo of the building every day as it zooms up; but it makes me very glad that I am far enough away not to get much of the construction noise.

Liulichang, Chengdu

No comments:

Post a Comment