Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Time travel 101

Lightweight Boats - Ford Treasury of Station Wagon Living

Yes, the date on your computer may say February 12, but no, my friends, you're wrong - it's actually January 31. Tomorrow, I'm leaving for Thailand and then Cambodia, where I'll be meeting up with Jane and the kids for our month-long winter break. (Details to follow - or wait, maybe you've gotten the details already? Or you will have been getting the details yesterday or tomorrow or... oh, I'm so confused.)

Anyway, here's the thing: anyone with three kids knows that before you leave for anywhere, there is just a heapload of stuff that you need to do before you visit some friends on the other side of town, let alone fly off to another country. And all kids have a "I know Mom and Dad are doing important stuff that doesn't involve me" sensor, which triggers the all important Meltdown Button, cascading into the "I'm not going to bed for the next three hours" reflex. Which means that 99 times out of 100, we're still packing, arranging, cleaning, or doing something crucial for the trip until 3am the night before (day of?) our flight. (and no, procrastination has Absolutely Nothing To Do With It. Ha. Ha..)

Which brings us to my dilemma. I've been home alone for the last two weeks, and yes, working during the day, but more importantly, having time to Get Stuff Done in the evenings. And then two whole days without work before my flight leaves tomorrow. So now that I'm done packing and cleaning the house and going out with a friend for dinner, it's only 9:30 pm and my flight doesn't leave till 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. What's a poor procrastinator to do?

Ah, yes, the blog. You know how I promised that I wouldn't post anything unless I had a month worth of material saved up, right? Well, I do have about ten days so far, that's the good news. In other good news, I've got oodles of photos of sketches and trips and places and stuff all uploaded. Bad news is that unless I stay up writing till five this morning, you won't be getting to many long stories from me.

But who knows? Y'know, I can always sleep on the plane...


No comments:

Post a Comment