Saturday, February 9, 2013

This drawing brought to you by my job. And China.

From the Sketchbook, Jan 2013

Besides Not Blogging this fall, one thing I have been up to is doing a bit more drawing and even a painting or two - so you'll be seeing some drawings put up here and there. This is from a sketchbook that I started a couple of days before the New Year's weekend trip that I mentioned in yesterday's post. A month later, it's almost finished!

It helps that the Waldorf School has a lot of meetings, which many teachers in this craft-friendly school bring their knitting to. I finally decided to come out as an artist and -gasp- doodle openly. My drawings may be less wearable, but they serve the same purpose for me as making a sweater might for another teacher. Once I convinced everyone that I could both draw and contribute to the discussion at the same time, I was good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment